Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a minute of your time.

How hard is it to answer the phone? Hard. Especially when you hate talking on it. But at work. I answer every time. Unless the caller id says inmate phone. Which happens. And then I don't answer.

Recently I've been hired on as an apartment manager. And sometimes people are so hard to get ahold of. Or they don't answer my calls.

The other day my youngest brother chandler asked me 'do you hate the cold or the snow more?'. At first I thought I hated the snow more. Then I realized. Cold BRINGS snow.

I hate the cold.

I wish I could live in a place where it has washington summers and arizona winters. Absolutely amazing. This place, incidentily, will also smell like ribs. And. The currency will not be the us dollar. They use dubloons. Sadly this place only exists in my mind.

The clouds are moving in. It smells like snow.

I hate the smell of pipe smoke.

But I like the faint smell of cigarettes. Like lingering at the fair. It reminds me of childhood. Weird? You be the judge.

2 comments:

Brent Hope said...

Dingbat 11,

Nice post. My parents smoked and occasionally I miss that lingering smell as you have described. My uncle wayne never bathed and reeked. I hate that lingering smell. :<

Jessumca said...

travis! dad! you guys are too crazy