Tuesday, October 21, 2008

surprised?

Can you believe it? 2 blogs in one day. It's a christmas miracle. Depending on how I feel there might even be a third. This one is on a couple bands I've been listening to lately that are close to my heart. First is Dr. Dog. No, no. Not Dr. Dre. This psychadelic indie rock band hails from philly. Not compton. Their sound has been compared to the beatles, beach boys, and the band. You can easily tell that they've been listening to 60s pop bands since they were lads. I love them a lot.

Next is a band called the black keys. This is a blues-rock duo from akron, ohio. They're very white stripes-esque with their guitar/vocals and drums team up. They, to me, have a sound of raw emotion. It is some of the greatest blues rock out today. Jessica hates it. She hates the blues. Not i, though.

No comments: